Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy New Year...(Creative, huh?)

Forgive me for the delay in posting, It's been one helluva long semester (and it's finally over) and now I am wrapping up the year and getting ready to head into 2013.  I don't know about you but for me, it means a time to reflect on all of the beauty that 2012 brought to me, along with the heartbreak and sadness that is loss.

This year, personally we said goodbye to Chris's Dad and great Aunt.  As a nation, we mourned the loss of so many victims of senseless violence and most recently, the Newtown tragedy.  Like all of you, I was rattled to my core and simply could not and cannot wrap my head around the depth of this situation and the impact its had on our entire country.  I continue to pray for peace and comfort for the families and victims.  

It's a mixed bag of emotions and I am thankful that the joy far overshadows the sadness, and for that I am so grateful.

As a country, we saw the turmoil of a stormy and divided nation as we went through another election, one that was filled with heated debates and one that I am sure, many of us lost friends over or decided that some were never really friends in the first place.  In any case, I think we all dug deeply within ourselves to redefine boundaries about who is worth "agreeing to disagree with" and who is no longer worth the trouble, at least that was the case for me.

I finished my first semester of graduate school and there were plenty of highs and lows with that, in fact I had to remind myself constantly, it's just a class, not brain surgery for shits sake!  But, happily, I came out of it with two classes under my belt, a pretty impressive handle on French feminism and quite a few international authors (Yes), and (I think) I am a  better writer than I was before I started, so there's that.

We welcomed a new niece into our family and couldn't be happier for our brother and sister-in-law, this was a high point for all of us.  My Mom and her beloved Dave got engaged and we have a wedding on the horizon.  We also welcomed baby Hayley, who brings laughter and joy to the whole gang.

Although the year was filled with challenges, I persevered and came out of it with eternal optimism.  I have so much to be grateful for (my healthy beautiful kids, a great husband and a wonderful family) and more than anything, now is the time to focus on the future and all that has in store.  

So my friends, I hope that 2012 was a year to celebrate and I wish you all the very best in the year ahead.

With any luck, I will get a better handle on managing my blog AND my school work!

Hey, we all have areas that "need improvement" so cut me a little slack...

Cheers to you all and Happy New Year!

And with that, I am off to YOGA

No comments:

Post a Comment